- Visual and communicative design documentation style
- Over six years professional experience as a game systems designer
- Maintains critical standard for pacing, level distribution, balancing and polish
- Highly technical, experienced with prototyping and explorative iteration
Senior Sandbox Designer, Destiny: Rise of Iron, Bungie; Seattle, WA – 2015-Present
Product Owner for Weapons Team on Rise of Iron. Worked with programmers, artists, and animators to create an entire release’s worth of weapons, over 80 unique end-game guns, exotics, and swords.
Systems Designer, The Order: 1886, Ready at Dawn Studios; Irvine, CA – 2010-2015
Worked with programmers and animators to create a state of the art third person shooter from prototype to ship. Responsible for multiple core character systems: gunplay mechanics, AI damage reactions, traversal, and custom object interactions. Wrote initial specifications, iterated on functionality and feel, prioritized tasks, and pushed systems to final polish.
Game Designer, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Ready at Dawn Studios; Irvine, CA – 2008-2010
Contributed to design and iteration of major boss battles. Combat encounter design, balancing, and pacing. Key scripter for multiple levels and demo. Design and scripting of end game bonus content.
Technical Design Intern, LMNO, Electronic Arts, Los Angeles, CA – Summer 2007
Prototyping and design specifications for unreleased Steven Spielberg game concept – an AI driven gameplay experience with emphasis on emergent systems and dynamic storytelling.
Research Assistant, Carnegie Mellon University; Pittsburgh, PA – Spring 2007
Computer vision research assistant/programmer, 5 months.
Carnegie Mellon; Pittsburgh, PA – B.S. Computer Science, addtl major in HCI, 2004-2008
Combat Design & Layering Details, Indiecade, 2014
Game Design Is Dirty Let’s Clean It Up, Georgia Tech VGDev Club, 2012
Chinese and Japanese
- Linear and non-linear storytelling techniques
- Seamless and responsive interfaces, virtual reality, and alternative input devices
- Reductive design, usability, and holistic user experiences
- Game jams and developer communities: Procedural Generation Compo, Glitch City LA
- Nighttime bike rides and homemade espresso